Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Getting Personal - Part 5

This website is not to the surgeon I used


Introduction:  http://itsfun4me.blogspot.com/2011/09/getting-personal-introduction.html



_____________________________________
The day before the procedure...

Well, tomorrow is the big day. I am excited to get it over with but also a little concerned about the chance that something could go wrong. I always try to stay positive but I know that I will probably shed a few tears as I am being rolled into the operating room and preparing to be put under anesthesia. At that point, and probably only at that point, I will question if the procedure is worth the slim chance that I may never wake up.

With that said, starting at midnight tonight I have to stop any eating and drinking. I have to be checked in at the hospital 2 hours before my schedule surgery. At that time they will do a few things to prep me for the procedure. The surgery should take about 1.5 hours. But, the rest of the time will determine how long it takes me to wake up. Some people wake up quickly and for some it takes up to 4 hours (from what I have heard).

It's an outpatient procedure so I should be going home shortly after that. However, I am not sure what else they might need me to complete before I can actually leave. I will keep you posted as soon as I am feeling up to typing again.


No comments:

Post a Comment