Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Getting Personal part 2


This website is not to the surgeon I used


Introduction:  http://itsfun4me.blogspot.com/2011/09/getting-personal-introduction.html



Well, I had my first appointment.  My doctor seems great! 

While in the waiting room I noticed a wall that displayed pictures of the doctors who work in the same office.  There were only 2 that appeared to be more "mature" than I.  I don't consider myself as someone who discriminates against age - but when it comes to something like this I prefer someone who has more experience.  I consider myself young enough yet to have options for a doctor that is more "mature" than I am - LOL!

There isn't a ton to say about this first appointment.  I completed all the paperwork that they sent me ahead of time.  I made sure I could give them a urine sample ;-)  They were ready to answer any questions that I had.  After asking me many questions about my symptoms, the doctor (and a female assistant) did an initial exam.  The exam was very similar to my annual pap smear.  But, there was the addition of a catheter with a scope.  It was uncomfortable but hopefully worth it in the long run.  FYI, if you go through this, be prepared for spotting. The doctors exam confirmed what his initial thought was - I need to have the hammock procedure done.  I go back in a week for some more detailed testing to make sure he is correct.

Cost?  We didn't discuss it much since I told him that I was prepared to pay for it.  They are billing my insurance first.  I was surprised at the doctors response - he seems to think that my insurance will cover it. We'll see when all is said and done.  Over the years, I have found that health insurance covers very little when it comes to elective surgeries.  For this appointment I just had to pay my insurance co-pay.





No comments:

Post a Comment