Friday, October 21, 2011

First Aid Kit

In my purse I always carry a little first aid kit.  My little ones seem to get cuts so easily and the smallest paper cut always needs a bandaid.....  At my daughters school last year I became known as the mom with the Spongebob bandaids ;-)


Why did I really start carrying one of these with me all the time?  When my daughter was 2 we went on a field trip with other parents and kids to the local zoo.  As we were waiting for the entire group to get there, we stood in the main area taking pictures by a statue.  My daughter was always very clumsy and of course fell off a ledge and her face bounced off the cement!  She had a big cut on her forehead that bumped up right away.  Thankfully, one of the mom's was a nurse.  She said Alexis should be fine and gave me the warning signs to keep an eye out for.  Of course, no one had a bandaid (later we got one from the zoo) so she looked pretty sad for a while.  The next day I went shopping for something small that would hold bandaids and Neosporin and fit in my purse!

So, I thought I would share this little tip.  I keep a variety of bandaids to meet many needs and help the little ones feel better about there ouch.

Okay, you may have noticed the Krazy Glue in the picture.  Yes - there is a need!!  It's a little trick I learned from a friend.  If you have a cut that needs more than a bandaid you can use Krazy Glue to hold it shut.  Just make sure you clean out the wound first.  I have used this for smaller cuts but my friend has actually used it in place of stitches when she wasn't near a hospital.  Either way, I keep it in my little case just incase ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment