Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Personalized Trivets

I came across this fun idea in a recent Family Fun magazine (http://familyfun.go.com/crafts/terrific-trivets-1027185/).  I decided that I wanted one from each of my kids but also to get my 6 year old started on making some for Christmas presents.

I opted to buy only thick paint markers (can be used on acrylic) Since my little ones are not real great with painting with brushes yet.  That and they are not cheap! I picked up these for $16 per set - I purchased them at Michaels so I used a 40% off coupon for each but still...


Then I stopped by Home Depot to buy white tiles.  I picked up these for only $.48 each.  I bought a few since we are making Christmas gifts with some.  And, since I already have the money invested in the paint markers I should get some use out of them.


I also found these at Home Depot for just under $3 - there's enough for 5 trivets.


First, I put the felt pads on the back of the tiles so my daughter wouldn't be scrapping the tile on my counter as she painted.


Then I wrote her name and the year on the back.


Finally, it was time for her to get creative!



1 comment:

  1. Those are really cute....I think rainbows are a theme for little girls. Grandparents love homemade gifts.

    ReplyDelete