Monday, December 6, 2010

Pecan Pie Mini's

I love making small portions of food to give as gifts or treats! I ran across a picture one day of some miniature pecan pies and it made me start thinking of all the possibilities :) So I made some up as gifts and they received rave reviews! Here is the recipe I used. You can make one 9" pie or three miniature pies (the pans I used were 5" diameter x 1 5/8 ").


I need to perfect my crust look ;-)

Ingredients:

Pie crust - you can use a pre-made pie crust or use a simple crust recipe. I do not have a great homemade recipe to share at this time but I will add it once I do.

Filling
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons flour
1 1/4 cups light corn syrup
1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups pecan halves (chopped for mini pies)*
2 tablespoons butter, melted

Directions:

Heat oven to 375 degrees. Line pie pan with pie crust.

In large bowl, mix brown sugar, flour, corn syrup, vanilla and eggs until well blended. Stir in pecans and butter. Pour into crust-lined pan.

Bake 40-50 minutes or until filling is puffed and pie is golden brown. Cool completely, about 2 hours. Store in refrigerator.

*I reserved 3 nice looking pecan halves for the tops of my mini pies for decoration.

No comments:

Post a Comment