Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Magic Bars

We LOVE these! It has a nice variety of ingredients including butterscotch chips which you don't find in many sweets. It made a large pan so I used plastic wrap to individually wrap some of the squares and then I stored the all the pieces in one larger freezer safe container. They unthaw to taste just as great as when I first made them! I love treats that freeze great so we don't feel "obligated" to eat them just because they will go to waste if we don't. Plus, if I have easy access to something I know I will eat it until it is gone!


Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs*
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 (14-oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup butterscotch flavored chips
1 1/3 cups flaked coconut (I used sweetened)
1 cup chopped nuts

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, combine butter and graham crackers crumbs; mix well. Press crumb mixture firmly on bottom of 13x9x2 inch baking pan. Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over crumb mixture. Layer evenly with remaining ingredients; press down firmly.

Bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool. Chill if desired (to make sure it holds together during cutting). Cut into bars or diamonds. Store loosely covered at room temperature (or freeze as I mentioned earlier).

*I added extra crumbs to ensure I had a good starting layer.

No comments:

Post a Comment