What you need:
- 3 cups pasta, cooked and kept warm (I mostly use Rotini, in this case whole grain, but I also like it with whole grain spaghetti)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped large (I prefer red onion with this dish but I use white onion when I don't red available)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette dressing (if you don't have this you could use 1/4 cup olive oil, 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, and a little salt & pepper)
- 4 cups fresh tomatoes, chopped large
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
Cook garlic, onion, and dressing in medium saucepan until softened (approx. 2 minutes). Add tomatoes and cook 2 more minutes. Toss in remaining ingredients. Serve warm.
It is recommended that you keep the cooked pasta warm but I also know what it is like to work all day and then have to prepare a meal at night. So, you can prepare all of the items ahead of time. You will just need to either warm the pasta some before using or cook the dish a little longer after adding the pasta (this could over cook the basil and tomatoes so be careful).