Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Oriental Salad

This is a great potluck dish! That is how I first discovered it. One of my co-workers brought it in for a pot luck and it quickly became a "must bring dish" for her since many of us loved it!

What you need:


1 bag brocoslaw
2 packages uncooked ramen noodles, crushed (only the noodles are used so the flavor is not important)
1 bunch green onions, rinsed and chopped
1 cup roasted sunflower seeds
1 cup slivered almonds
1 cup canola oil
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar

Directions:

1. Sauce: in a small bowl blend oil, sugar, and vinegar together until sugar is dissolved.
2. Toss remaining ingredients (brocoslaw, noodles, onion, seeds, and almonds) together in a large bowl. Fold in sauce and blend together.
3. Refrigerate until ready to serve (recommend at least a couple of hours). Stir again before serving.

1 comment:

  1. I love this dish when Kendra makes it, and I am excited to make it for my family reunion.

    ReplyDelete