Thursday, August 26, 2010

Spanish Rice

I've always liked Spanish rice but I never realized how great it could be until I came across this recipe! I love flavor when I eat and the chili powder in this recipe gives the dish exactly what it needs. Bonus: I found this recipe in a fat burning cookbook :)



What you need:

2 Tablespoons canola oil
2 Tablespoons diced onion
2 Tablespoons diced celery (I like to add a little extra for texture)
1 Can (16 ounces) diced stewed tomatoes
1 Can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
2 Beef bouillon cubes
2 Teaspoons chili powder
1 Cup uncooked long-grain rice
Worcestershire sauce to taste
Salt & pepper to taste

What to do:

Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Sauté onions and celery for 5 minutes Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, bouillon, chili powder, salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil. Add rice. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, 20-30 minutes, or until rice is done. I use brown rice so the cook time is longer. I also add a little water to prevent it from burning.

No comments:

Post a Comment