Thursday, July 15, 2010

Twist Pasta Salsa Cheese

This is a meal I made often in my single days when I was both working and going to college full time. I seemed to always have the ingredients plus it's quick and easy!! I thought it was a strange meal so I never really introduced it to others - until one day when I finally introduced it to my now husband. Turns out he LOVES it! Now it's a good quick meal for us when no one really wants to cook. It can be used as a side dish or meal on its own.


What you will need: we use tri-color rotini pasta, salsa (something chunky like the one pictured), chopped onion (optional - we prefer red or white), and shredded cheese (cheddar or a blend).


Cook the pasta according to directions. Drain well and place on a microwave safe plate.


Top with onion (optional).


Top with salsa.


Then spread some shredded cheese on top.


Place it in the microwave on high for 2-4 minutes (until cheese melts).


Salt & pepper to taste and you are ready to enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment