Here's our experience:
|From the parking lot.|
|This is just behind the store - soooo beautiful!!!!|
|There are many tour options. This is a picture of the horses (they do horse back riding tours).|
|Food: we did not eat here but there is a nice store/grab-n-go food area.|
The buffet looked amazing (if you are a meat eater).
Many people choose the buffet and had their plates loaded full of delicious Hawaiian favorites!
We choose to go on the Movie Sites and Ranch Tour:
|The waiting area.|
|The bus for our tour.|
|A little history of the area along the way.|
|Bunkers from a war (can't remember which one - not sure if it had anything to do with Pearl Harbor - I am far from being knowledgeable about history - LOL).|
|A famous "Jurassic Park" site.|
They stopped so we could take pictures here.
The tour guide did an amazing job taking pictures for everyone!
|This was a hiding spot back during a war. |
It was also in the show "Lost" (where the Dharma Initiative was located).
|Map of the tunnel|
|Inside the large bunker.|
|The large lizard eggs from "Journey 2".|
|Making a commercial|
|More movie sites.|
|From the upcoming movie "Godzilla"|
|From one of the Biggest Loser seasons.|
The jungle tour looked like an awesome option but we ran out of time. There are also tours where you can ride 4-wheel quads around the land.
- The shop had a lot of great things at reasonable prices.
- There are a couple of restroom locations at the main area (by the shop).
- We did have to wait a bit for the tour to start but it wasn't bad. Well, except for the fact that it was extremely hot that day!!!
- The waiting area had a lot of bees!!! But, they didn't seem to be interested in us.
- There may be some tour limitations due to filming so check with them ahead of time. There was a section set for filming when we were there but it was for a commercial and didn't seem to take away from our tour experience.
- I would highly recommend checking this place out. It is just so beautiful!!
|The view across the street from the ranch!|