Sunday, January 16, 2011

Chicken and Rice Bake


This is a recipe that I have from back in my early days of cooking and I still love it. Of course I don't eat the chicken these days but I still make some for the rest of the family. It is an easy meal to make - just mix everything together in a pan and bake!


Ingredients:

2 cans cream of mushroom soup
2 cups water
1 1/2 cup uncooked rice*
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon pepper
4 boneless chicken breast
1 can mushrooms
Dash red pepper flakes (optional)

Directions:

Mix all ingredients except chicken and paprika in ungreased 13X9X2 inch baking pan. Top with chicken, sprinkle with paprika, cover and bake at 375 degrees for 60 minutes. I recommend stirring once 45 minutes into baking.

*I now use whole grain/wheat rice which usually requires a longer cooking time.

No comments:

Post a Comment