I LOVE this recipe!!! It's one that I came across, experimented with, and then made it my own :-)
Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Granola
4 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
4 tablespoons honey
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (not quick oats)
1 cup miniature chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowel, combine peanut butter and honey. Microwave for 30-45 seconds until the peanut butter and honey have all melted. Stir together and then add in the cinnamon and vanilla extract.
3. Add in the oats and stir until all the oats are coated with the mixture.
4. Spread in a single layer on the baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown. I stirred mine some at about 8 minutes into the baking time. It may still be soft but it will harden once it cools off.
5. You now have a choice: add the chocolate chips now so they will melt onto the granola. Or, wait until the granola cools so it will keep the chip shape. I personally like to add mine while it is hot so it melts onto the granola and helps hold some clusters together.
6. Store in mason jars (great for gifts) or any airtight container. I like to store mine in small freezer bags so they can be frozen (stays fresh longer and the small bags reduce the size I am eating at a time) and taken out to snack on.