Friday, October 25, 2013

Bra Shopping: My Love/Hate Relationship

Okay, maybe this post is a little different from my usual but I really felt that this topic is one that I might not be alone with.

I have always been very "well endowed" when it came to my breast.  Starting in eight grade it became clear that I was not going to be a late developer or one that needed to "stuff my bra" to fit in.  By the time I had graduated from high school I was spending a lot of money buying fancy bras from places like Victoria's Secret.  I had a tiny figure and great boobs - what more could a girl ask for???

Well, later in my life it all changed!  Two kids later and and a few clothing sizes bigger, I no longer enjoy shopping - especially for intimate apparel!  And, I never buy button up shirts because they ALWAYS pull apart in my breast area!  This is a problem that many of my family members (fathers side) have struggled with.  Many of them have even had to go as far as getting breast reductions due to the strain on their body and back.  I'm not that far in need, yet....  

I'm sure you have all heard the statistics that about 85% of women are not wearing the correct bra size. I finally gave in to visiting Victoria's Secret to have a measurement taken and to get recommendations.  The answer?  Well, I'm not ready to share my bra size with the world but I will tell you that Victoria's Secret does not carry my cup size!!  YIKES!!!  Okay, time to diet and exercise to see if I can get some of this under control.  Until then, I was way off on my current bra size so it was time to do some dreaded shopping...  


My next problem?  The combination of my small rib cage and huge cup size are near impossible to find in stores!  So, when I shop, I have to find a store that carries the size I need and then search for something that might actually be in stock.  Next, does it fit right....  Enough said on that!  However, I am very happy with the way my CORRECT bra size fits!  The reason for this post:  If you have not been sized I would highly recommend you do so ASAP!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment