Tuesday, June 25, 2013

My "Field Trip" Bag

A couple of years ago I shared a post about my First Aid Kit.  Well, I have found it to be very valuable!  Since then I have expanded on my necessary items to keep with me.  Especially for school field trips, scout outings, and other times with larger groups of kids.  Here is what I have found useful many times since I put this bag together:


  • My first aid kit
  • Wipes
  • Sun block & bug spray (not to be used unless parents give permission - very helpful to have for my own kids)
  • Sanitizer


Then I found this bag that fits it all perfectly!  Of course it's a little big for my daughter who is modeling it for this picture ;-)  I have also found this bag helpful to carry money, my small camera, my cell phone,   my keys, a few snacks, and a bottle of water.  These are all things that I have needed for field trips.  I don't know how many times I have lost money because I was trying to store it in my pockets with my cell phone that I often take out of my pocket!  Oh, and I am not a person that likes to carry around a purse while I am trying to capture every moment with my camera.  So, this over the shoulder bag is PERFECT for me!!!


In the picture you may have noticed a small bottle of Vicks Vapor Rub.  And you may be wondering what I would possibly need that for...  Well, my son had a field trip to a dairy farm.  The last time I went on this trip (for my daughters school two years ago) the smell in one of the barns was a little unbearable.  One of the kids actually turned around and threw up in front of us!!!  Poor kiddo and it totally grossed out my group of girls!  So, this year I was going prepared with something to help the kids enjoy the tour more - a little Vicks under the nose to mask the smell.  Thankfully it wasn't as bad this year.  For that field trip I was able to take many pictures, keep track of a group of boys, and help some of the teachers out.  One child needed a bandaid and another tripped and fell into poop - needing the wipes and sanitizer.  


No comments:

Post a Comment