Friday, January 11, 2013

My Favorite Pasta Salad

My mother spent some time in a the hospital a while back.  I was there often to visit and found myself eating at the hospital cafeteria almost every day.  A couple of times a week they offered a pasta salad that I fell in love with!  Of course, I was on a mission to duplicate the recipe!

Picture of the hospitals salad.

Ingredients:

1 package (16 ounces) of pasta - feel free to get creative on the shape
4 cups diced vegetables (uncooked - zucchini, broccoli, red onion, tomato, celery)
1 cup feta cheese (more if you would like)
1 cup Italian dressing

Directions:

Cook pasta according to package directions.  Rinse with cold water until pasta has is chilled.

In a large bowl, toss pasta with remaining ingredients.  Cover and refrigerate over night.  Add additional dressing if needed and toss before serving.

Picture of my salad. It turned out GREAT!
I found this Christmas pasta and decided it would be super cute for a dish to pass over the holidays.


Update:  the Christmas version was good but I really only needed one package for the time of the year. I can't wait until summer parties!


No comments:

Post a Comment