Friday, January 18, 2013

Bulletin Board Makeover

My son needed a pin/cork board for his pirate themed room.  Of course, I couldn't find the perfect one to buy.  Plus, I'm sure that if I did find one it wouldn't have cost more than I would be willing to spend.

I came across this ugly thing on clearance and an idea was born!


I have seen many craft ideas with Duck Tape so I started looking for a design that would fit with a pirate theme.  How lucky I was to find this!


I carefully separated the material covered cork from the plastic frame.  Then, I covered the frame with Duck Tape.  

Looking at it after I was done, I should have arranged the tape so the skulls all faced
a better direction to match how I was hanging it
(so the skulls on the sides were all facing upward).

Then I applied some fabric glue to the fabric cork board (in this case, pulling the old fabric off would have destroyed the soft cork under it).  Next, I covered it with black fabric.  I could have picked a themed fabric but I didn't want it to be too busy looking.  


I put the frame back on and it was ready to hang!  My son loves it and it's already covered with all his favorite things!

No comments:

Post a Comment