Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Peanut Butter Fudge

My favorite flavor of fudge, and the only one that I personally make - peanut butter fudge!  I know that there are many different recipes and ways to make fudge but this one was passed on to me by a dear friend and it is the best homemade fudge recipe I have tried so far.


Ingredients for 1 - 9x13" pan:

1-1/3 cup milk
4 cups sugar
1 (7oz) jar of Marshmallow Creme
2 cups peanut butter (20 oz)
1 teaspoon vanilla

Ingredients for 2 - 9x13" pans:

2-2/3 cups milk
8 cups sugar
1 (13 oz) jar Marshmallow Creme
4 cups peanut butter (40 oz)
2 teaspoons vanilla


Directions:

Over medium heat, bring milk, sugar, and vanilla to 234 degrees (candy thermometer).  This will boil high so use a large pan.  Stir often.

Remove from heat.  Add marshmallow creme and peanut butter.  Stir until well mixed.  Pour into pans.

As you can see, I used multiple small containers so it was easy to gift.  With the larger batch, I was able to make these and a 9X13" pan to cut up.



No comments:

Post a Comment