Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Volunteer Appreciation

I know, the official "Volunteer Appreciation Week" was a couple of weeks ago so you might say that I am a little late on this gift.  Who says that you always have to appreciate on the "Hallmark" holiday and not at other times of the year.  Don't get me wrong - I think it is important to remind us all that we should give thanks and appreciation for the people in our lives.

This specific gift can be used for others but we put them together to give to my daughters "Daisy Scouts" (the kindergarten level of Girl Scouts) leaders.  There are four special ladies that volunteer their time to help mold my little girl into a caring and responsible young lady!


We stayed with the daisy theme since flowers are a big part of the troops learning process.  My daughter made a card for each of them, I picked up some daisy seeds for $1 each (could use a potted plant if your budget allows), and we added a little note to pull the theme together "Thank you for helping Alexis bloom".  They are going into a large envelope and will be giving to the leaders at our next meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment