Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Tabbouleh - My Dad's Recipe

This salad took a couple of "tastes tests" before I really started to enjoy it.  But now it is one that I crave at least a couple of times every summer!  I have found many versions of recipes for it.  This is the one handed down to me from my dad and is by far my favorite!


Ingredients:

1 cup bulgar wheat
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tomato, chopped
1 cucumber, chopped
1 1/2 cups fresh parsley, chopped
2 teaspoons dried chopped mint (you can use fresh - just increase the amount)
Salt & pepper to taste

What is Bulgar Wheat?  This is what I use.



Directions:

Cover wheat with hot water for one hour.  Drain.  Add all other ingredients and mix.  Chill, covered, for at least 1 hour.

This makes a small amount so you will want to double for a "dish to pass".

No comments:

Post a Comment