Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Today was a great day for me and I hope it was for you too!  My little ones really got into the holiday this year.  They surprised me with breakfast in bed (toast with peanut butter and jelly that my daughter made and my son carried the coffee), let me stay in bed for a while to catch up on the news, and they got me a recipe book that I wanted.  Of course I am also getting my annual super car cleaning from my husband - my most requested Mother's Day gift ;-)  I think it made me most happy to see Alexis & Tyler's little faces light up when they showed me the breakfast they had for me!

Here are some gifts that my kids made at school that you could use for craft ideas at home:




We have a big Mother's Day lunch at our house every year but in addition to that we like to give a little gift to our moms.  My mom wanted fresh cut flowers.  I love flowers but I really like to give a gift that will last a while.  So I found this pretty "vase" that will match her bedroom or living room and can also be used for candles (my mom LOVES candles).  I put some daisies in it (last a long time and I found some in her favorite color) and added a candle for later use.


My mother-in-law loves pictures so I created a photo book of her life.  She loved the one I made for my father-in-law a few years ago and this one proved to be a great gift.  I also wrapped it in plan white paper that I printed pictures of her on.


What is your favorite Mother's Day gift?

No comments:

Post a Comment