Saturday, May 28, 2011

Pineapple Upside-Down Cake Minis


I love minis!!!  A few years ago I was asked to make a pineapple upside-down cake for a potluck.  I really never cared for it so making one was new to me.  In my search for a good recipe I came across this one.  I never have cared much for pineapple (except the super fresh stuff I ate in Hawaii) but this dessert is awesome!!!  


Ingredients:

3 cans (20 ounces each) sliced pineapple (reserve juice)


1/2 cup margarine, melted
1 cup brown sugar
12 maraschino cherries, cut in half (from stem side to pit hole so both halves are "pretty")


1 package (18.21 ounce) pineapple flavored cake mix



Directions:

In a small bowl, mix together the melted margarine and brown sugar.  Evenly divide sugar mixture into 24 greased muffin cups.


Lightly press well drained pineapple slices into sugar mixture.


Place cherries in center of pineapple, slice side up.


Prepare cake mix according to package directions, replacing amount of water with reserved pineapple juice.  Pour 1/3 cup batter into each muffin cup.  


Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.  Cool 5 minutes.  


Loosen edges and invert onto a cookie sheet or parchment paper.  They are moist and a little sticky so make sure you place the cakes in the exact spot you want them when you arrange them on a serving plate.  Otherwise it will look messy.



No comments:

Post a Comment