Thursday, October 28, 2010

Vanilla Buttercream Frosting

I have tried many vanilla buttercream frosting recipes and so far this is my favorite! I love the texture and taste that comes from using heavy cream! I use this on cakes but also rolled sugar cookies (when I want the kids to get more involved in decorating them).


Ingredients:

1/2 cup shortening (regular vegetable Crisco - if you get butter flavored it will turn your frosting yellow)
1/2 cup butter
4 cups powdered sugar (I prefer Domino's pure cane confectioners sugar - better texture than powdered sugar from beets)
1 teaspoon imitation vanilla extract (prefer clear so it does not affect the color)
1/4 cup (or less*) heavy cream (you can use regular milk)

Directions

Cream shortening and butter until fluffy. Add sugar and continue beating until well blended. Add vanilla and cream blending on low speed until moistened. Beat at high speed until frosting is fluffy.

*Reduce the amount of cream for a stiffer frosting for decorating purposes.










No comments:

Post a Comment