Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Lemon Water/Cubes

I LOVE ice water with a wedge of lemon!!!  And there are many health benefits too!



You cannot use fake lemon juice - it's not the same!!!


Only real lemons will do!!!


But real lemons do not stay fresh forever.  I am the only one in my family that has a passion for lemon water so a bag of lemons can (and usually does) go bad before I use them all.  I also hate having to cut a lemon all the time....  Well, I guess it's not that big of a job but I'd rather just cut them all and get it over with!  So now I do!  I cut them....


Juice them....


Pour the juice in an ice cube tray...


Freeze it...


And then I place the "lemon cubes" in a labeled freezer bag.  Now I just need to grab a cube out of the freezer whenever I want some "fresh" lemon in my water!  

Note:  You may want to fill the tray partially to create smaller cubes.  If you let a full size cube completely melt in a small glass of water it can be strong!  

I zest the lemons prior to cutting them.  Then I freeze the lemon zest for future use.

Did I mention that this method can remove any seeds from your drink??  And you won't get that nasty taste that is left from the peel when your water warms up!!!

I also use this method for limes!




No comments:

Post a Comment