Friday, September 14, 2012

Pasta Parmesan

My mom made this for me one night and I loved it so I had to have the recipe!  Of course, I had to share it too!  It's a great summer/fall casserole to utilize some of the abundance of vegetables you may have from your garden.


Ingredients:

1 lb. twist pasta
1/4 cup olive oil
3 cups zucchini, sliced
2 cups mushrooms, sliced
1 cup onions, julienned
2 tablespoons garlic, minced
1 tablespoon oregano
1 tablespoon basil
1-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1-1/2 cups shredded swiss cheese
salt & pepper to taste

Directions:

Cook pasta according to package direction (don't over cook).  Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet and saute zucchini, mushrooms, onions, garlic and spices.  Cook for 6 minutes.  Toss in hot pasta.  Mix well, place pasta and vegetables in casserole dish.  Top with cheeses.  Place in hot oven (425 degrees) until cheese is brown on top.  Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment