Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Honeyed Sweet Potatoes

I found this recipe a few years ago when I started hosting Thanksgiving dinner at my house. I never was interested in the usual sweet potato soufflé so I was in search of something that might be more appealing to me and my guests. Now it is a must make dish every year!


Ingredients:

3 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/2 inch thick
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup butter
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger

Directions:

Place potatoes in large saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes until sweet potatoes are nearly tender. Drain. Transfer potatoes to a greased 2 quart baking dish.

Mix together all other ingredients into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil stirring until sugar dissolves. Boil gently for 3 minutes. Pour over potatoes. Bake at 350 degrees, uncovered, for 15 minutes basting occasionally with sauce.

Last 7 days as leftovers.

Pre-cook potatoes 24 hours ahead, cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Add sauce and bake for 20 additional minutes uncovered.

No comments:

Post a Comment