Sunday, March 6, 2011

Hawaiian Coleslaw

This is one of my favorite recipes! A restaurant that I once frequented always served a side of coleslaw that I could never get enough of. I couldn't find the exact recipe but it had small pieces of pineapple in it so I started my search with that in mind. Over the years I have "perfected" my recipe and now I am sharing it with you.


Ingredients:

4 cups shredded cabbage (I use one bag of this mix)


1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 cup crushed pineapple, drained


1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup mayonnaise
Dash of pepper
1 tablespoon milk
Dash of paprika
1 tablespoon vinegar (I prefer white rice vinegar)
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

Directions:

Put the cabbage mixture in a medium/large mixing bowl.

In a small bowl, mix the remaining ingredients adding the vinegar last.


Fold the sauce mixture into the cabbage mixture. Toss until all the cabbage has been mixed with the sauce. Let chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment