Friday, October 21, 2011

Sweet & Salty Treat

I made these for Halloween but you can make them any time or for any holiday (since M&M produces chocolate candies themed for every celebration).


They are simple to make and delicious!  All you will need is:

1 bag of white chocolate chips
1 bag of plain M&M's
2 bags of popped microwave popcorn*
Optional colored sprinkles to add color

Directions:

Put popped popcorn in a large bowl (try to keep the un-popped kernels out).


Melt the white chocolate.  Carefully stir into the popcorn (take caution to not break the popcorn).  Add the M&M's and continue to mix gently.  Optional:  add sprinkles and gently mix.


Many of the M&M's will fall to the bottom of the bowl so make sure you get a variety if you choose to package them.  I added this little tag since I was giving them to teachers who work in a peanut-free school.


*I have a small theater style popcorn machine so I'm not sure exactly how much I use but the recipe I originally found on this required 2 bags of popped microwave popcorn.

Use the twist tie too so they can close the bag in-between snacks.

Don't be afraid to experiment - Candy corn is a great replacement for M&M's!


I have made them for Christmas, Valentines, Easter, Birthdays - you could make them for baby showers too!

No comments:

Post a Comment