Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Monster Truck Cake: How to Position a Truck in the Air

A while back I made a "Monster Jam" cake for my sons birthday.  Everyone loved it but the question I heard often was about how I was able to get a truck in the air.  So here is my blog post on it.


You can see in the picture above that the truck in mid air is positioned on a stick.  I used a chopstick for this and balanced the truck on top.  There was a small hole in the bottom of the truck that was perfect for this!  The struggle was how to keep the stick upright when I was using a soft cake for the base.  So here is what I did:


I cut a small hole (the size of an Oreo cookie) out of the cake in the same spot that I wanted the truck.


I filled the hole with stacked Oreos (it took 2 for this cake).


I carefully pushed the stick into the Oreos.  Hopefully it will not crack the cookies that much because you really need a firm base.  Next, you just frost over the cookies!


Monster Jam cake success!!



No comments:

Post a Comment