Saturday, November 19, 2011

Thanksgiving: Thankful Turkey Hostess Gift

I've always felt the importance of taking the time to express what I am thankful for.  Thanksgiving is a great time to share the concept with children and others.  I recently came across this idea in a magazine (can't remember which one) and I thought it was perfect for my kids who LOVE crafts!  So we made one to share at at this years Thanksgiving feast.  After we get all the guests to fill out what they are thankful for we will leave it with our host as a thank you.


We just took a medium sized pinecone, cut out and glued on a turkey body, cut some "feathers" with little slits around the edges out of construction paper and stuck them in.  


I will update this posting after our dinner so you can see the finished turkey!

It's cute to see what little ones are thankful for.
My 6 year old daughter said "camping" and my 4 year old son said "monster trucks"!


No comments:

Post a Comment